Volunteering at RATPOD
It takes many people to make this event possible and volunteers are at the heart of it!
If you're interested in donating your time, talents or services for this year's event, please contact us at the Camp Mak-A-Dream office for more information and a volunteer application: (406)549-5987 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer duties include:Rider and volunteer check-in (Friday afternoon & evening shifts).
- Rider and volunteer t-shirt, water bottle and goody bag distribution (Friday afternoon & evening shifts).
- Transporting items between Camp office in Missoula and event location in Dillon.
- Rider number checker (early Saturday morning prior to official start at 6:00 am).
- Start-Finish area helpers (various set-up duties on UM-Western campus throughout the day during the ride - Saturday morning, afternoon & evening shifts).
- Motorcycle support (assist with communications & safety support along route - all day Saturday).
- Mechanical support (bicycle mechanics who provide mechanical support to riders along route - all day Saturday).
- Medical support (medical professionals who provide medical support to riders & volunteer along route - all day Saturday).
- HAM radio operators (provide communications along entire route with HAM radios -all day Saturday).
- Sag wagon drivers (provide vehicle support along entire route, assisting riders who need transportation due to injury, exhaustion or equipment failure - all day Saturday).
- Food/water stop workers (help set-up, serve & clean-up at one of our various support stops along the route - shift times depend on stop location).
- Post-ride BBQ (assist with various duties at & cleaning up following post-ride festivities at UM-Western campus on Saturday evening).